Getting Permission for Your License Offline
This topic describes how to use a license on a computer that has no Internet access at least once every 30 days.
You must have
- purchased a license of the software product you want to use and received a Permission Key
- created a Graebert Account to activate licenses
- another device with Internet connection, such as a tablet or smartphone.
Note: During the process of getting permission for your license offline, you will obtain a specific Activation Key. This key is not the same as the Permission Key for your license.
To get permission for your license offline:
- Start the ARES trial or demo version you use.
- If you disabled showing the Start Page: Click Account next to in the title bar (or select Start Page from the Account drop-down list).
- On the Start Page, click Try Offline Activation when you see the message that no Internet connection was detected.
The Start Page displays:
- the instructions for the next steps
- a HostID which you need to enter in a later step
- an input field to enter the Activation Key.
- On a device with Internet connection, type customer-portal.graebert.com/ in the Internet browser.
The Graebert Customer Portal opens.
- On the Customer Portal login page:
- In E-Mail, type the e-mail address you use for your Graebert Account.
- In Password, type your password.
Use the same credentials as those you used when you created your Graebert Account.
- On the Dashboard, click My Products.
- In Specify permission key, copy the Permission Key you received when you purchased the license of the software product.
- Click Validate Permission Key.
- Click Add product to my list.
The name of the software product appears under My Products, for example, ARES Commander.
- Click the product name stripe or the arrow next to the product name to expand product information.
- Click Activate your product for offline use.
The Read this first page opens.
- Read the warning message:
Offline activation is only required if your computer will not have Internet connection for more than 30 days.
Be aware that activating this option will lock the license on this computer which reduces the possibility to work from other computers.
There is no way to unbind the offline licenses from the device using the customer portal.
Click Cancel at this step if you are unsure about your operation.
- Click Activate Offline.
- On the Offline Activation page, in HostID, type the HostID you received in step 3 (see above).
The HostID is a unique code identifying your computer on which you want to run the licensed software.
- Click Activate.
You get a confirmation message that the product is activated along with an Offline Activation Key for the computer.
- Copy the Activation Key to a text file that you transfer to this computer.
- On the computer where you activate offline, paste the Activation Key into the corresponding field in the offline activation area of the Start Page.
- On the Start Page, click Activate.
Note: Offline activation locks the license for at least 30 days. You cannot log out the license or unbind the computer on the My Devices page of the Graebert Customer Portal.